Here are the facts:
1. Sushi has a looong history! It dates back to at least the second century A.D., and was created originally as a method of preserving fish in China. More so, over 80% of the world’s bluefin tuna catch in modern times is used for sushi.
2. Originally sushi rice was never eaten! It was used as part of the fermentation process to give fish the sour taste and also protect from flies.
3. Earthquake was the reason sushi became a restaurant food. The earthquake in 1923 was so severe that it destroyed so much of Tokyo and caused real estate prices to drop. That allowed sushi chefs to afford to rent brick-and-mortar spaces and create sushi restaurants. Previously sushi was exclusively a street food.
4. Salmon is in fact a white fish! It just have a peculiar diet and gets orange from eating a lot of crustaceans. (Same with flamingos who are born grey and get that fancy look from eating shrimps!)
5. Uni sushi, anyone? Super treat for those who appreciate the delicate taste, however… It is not entirely what you think… The delicacy is, to be exact, that creature’s genitals. And now that you know, perhaps you wish you could forget.
And here is the perfect way to forget it – by downloading & enjoying this super cute kawaii sushi collection!