Are you looking to add a touch of holiday cheer to your home, but don’t have the time or energy to create an elaborate wreath? No problem! With these simple steps, you can create a stunning wreath drawing that is sure to impress your friends and family.
Plus, you’ll have a blast bringing your wreath to life on paper – it’s like coloring for grown-ups!
Easy as 1,2,3 how to guide
- If you’re new to wreath drawing, it can be helpful to start with a simple design. Begin by drawing a large circle in the center of your page. This will be the base of your wreath. Then, add a series of curved lines emanating from the center of the circle. These will be the branches of your wreath. You can make your wreath as simple or as elaborate as you like – the sky is the limit!
- To add some interest to your wreath, try filling in the branches with small, repetitive patterns, such as dots, lines, or shapes. You can also add in some leaves or berries for a more festive look. If you’re feeling extra creative, try experimenting with different colors and patterns to customize your wreath.
- Once you’ve finished your wreath, you can add a ribbon or bow to the bottom to give it a finishing touch. You can also add some details, such as holly berries or pinecones, to give your wreath a more realistic look.
And there you have it – a stunning wreath drawing that is sure to add some holiday cheer to your home!
You can even get creative and customize your wreath with different colors and patterns. So grab a pen and some paper and get doodling! Your wreath may not be made of real branches and berries, but it will definitely be a conversation starter.
Simple pro techniques for drawing beautiful wreaths
Are you looking to up your wreath drawing game?
Here are some incredibly simple pro techniques to help you achieve better results:
- Use reference photos: It can be helpful to have a reference photo of a wreath to use as a guide as you draw. This can help you get the proportions and details of your wreath just right.
- Use light lines: When drawing your wreath, start with light lines that you can easily erase or adjust. This will give you the freedom to experiment and make changes without worrying about ruining your drawing.
- Pay attention to the placement of your branches: The placement of your branches can make a big difference in the overall look of your wreath. Try to evenly distribute the branches around the circle to create a balanced and cohesive design.
- Use varying line weights: To add depth and interest to your wreath, try using varying line weights. Use thin lines for the smaller branches and thicker lines for the larger ones.
- Experiment with different patterns and textures: Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different patterns and textures for your wreath. Try adding dots, lines, or shapes to the branches to create different effects.
By following these simple pro techniques, you’ll be well on your way to creating stunning wreath drawings that are sure to impress.
Download templates & references
Access unlimited downloads and our unique creative resources here.
Discover the joy of art with our comprehensive guides and treasure trove of resources!